Monday 10 March 2014

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil



I'll put my hands up and admit that although I love buying skincare, I have never used or tried a serum before (yes a beauty blogger who has never used a serum in her life)! 
However I've always been one that uses oils, especially natural oils such as almond oil and coconut oil. So when The Body Shop released there new 'Serum-in-oil' I had to buy it. 

The science behind it: This overnight serum in oil is The Body Shops product with the highest concentrate of wheatgerm oil. Wheatgerm oil is a natural oil that is high in Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that helps protect and repair the skin. This product also contains other natural oils to nourish the skin including Sweet Almond oil, Sesame seed oil, Sunflower oil and Jojoba seed oil. Now some of you might be thinking it seems a little cray to be slathering all those oils on your face, especially those with oily/combination skin, but have a little trust in me, all these oils are really beneficial to the skin and I plan on doing a post soon with my favourite natural oils and their benefits. 

The packaging: How cuteeeee is this! I know its pretty much the same as all of the vitamin E range but i still love it. I adore the little pipette on the lid,  it makes it so much easier to get the right amount of product and it makes it feel a little more expensive and a little like the Estee lauder advance night repair serum. Plus its baby pink, and  girls love cute pink packaging right? well done body shop.. 

The results: I've been using this serum-in-oil for a few weeks now and I'm happy to say that The body shop has done me proud once more. I used to always use the coconut beautifying oil at night and I would wake up in the morning with plump soft skin but for the past few weeks I replaced it with this but I'm not sure which I prefer. This soaks in almost instantly and doesn't leave you feeling greasy at all. I wake up in the morning with lovely soft skin however I don't think it is as hydrating as the beautifying oil. I find this oil works best after exfoliating at night before bed, in the morning you can really see and feel the difference. My verdict on this one would have to be a 7.5/10. I think it is ideal for anyone who is starting to explore facial oils and i would say its perfect for any skin type (yes even you oily skin gals).

Leave a comment and let me know if you have tried it or what your favourite oil is. 

Amber x








1 comment:

  1. Wonderful content is there on your blog. I got good information on your blog compared to other blogs.
    cbd muscle balm

    ReplyDelete